Sunday 22 July 2012

Clueless

Absolutely no idea where I'm going with this, as yet.
Maybe a page on each of the family names that I'm researching.
Not that I've done much research in the last few years.

First off will be Whitehead,

Mum's maiden name Priestley, no connection to Joseph or JB, as yet, even though we're only a few miles from both of them.

Grandmother's maiden names are Ellis & Sandom.

No real surprises there........except !!!

More on that later.

I was born in Staincliffe Hospital Dewsbury, though always claimed that it was in Batley.
I lived in Batley for 20+ years, before deserting and moving to Thornhill. (Dewsbury, not Scotland or the sarf)
My Mum & Dad were born and raised in Batley so I always thought of myself as a Yorkshireman from the heavy woollen district. First blot on this lineage was my maternal grandmother. She was born in Normanton, still West Yorkshire, but starting to become a bit foreign. Up until I started my family history research, this was about all I knew. By the time I was interested in Family History, there was only my Mum left for the inquisition. She knows quite a bit but nothing that would really link me back to the 1901 census which was at the time the link back to earlier generations. 

  


No comments:

Post a Comment